Searching for a Cost Accountant responsible for managing a team to ensure reporting deadlines are met, while maintaining accuracy and full compliance with government cost standards. Reviewing, mentoring and facilitating all work within Cost Accounting dept.
Position located in Sayville, NY area.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business management.
- Five years’ experience with a minimum of three years supervisory.
- Should be familiar with Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), FAR and TINA.
- Must be computer literate; strong computer skills on financial systems and the ability to learn new systems as required.
- Should have a good understanding of a Standard Cost System.
- Oral and written communication skills, interpersonal abilities and presentation skills are required.
- Ability to lead, mentor and provide back up support to the team.
- Must be able to work independently with a minimum of supervision.