Temp to Hire (you start as a temp and considered for permanent employment based on performance/attendance)
2nd shift 2pm-10:30pm
**Train on 1st Shift (6am – 2:30pm) for approx 1 month**
pay Range = $11-$13/hr DOE
Position Summary : Safe and efficient operation of cleaning and finishing machinery including the associated material handling.
Minimum Background, Experience, and Requirements
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Able to read, write and speak English with reasonable comfort
· Minimum 18 years of age
· Capable of lifting 50 lbs.
· Basic math skills
· 1-3 years of experience operating industrial production equipment
· Available with respect to required work hours
· Reliable, good work ethic, high integrity, and drug free
Tasks / Responsibilities
· Operation of various metal cleaning/finishing machinery including use of:
1. Manual and motorized overhead cranes
2. Manual and automated cleaning machines
3. Drying equipment.
· Perform various tasks of material handling, including:
1. Lifting up to 50lbs to load product into bins
2. Placing product and bins on pallets
3. Transporting product throughout the plant.
· Perform visual inspections to ensure parts are being cleaned / finished to requirements.
· Monitor chemistry levels of cleaning solutions and finishing materials used within the department, and adjust as needed.
· Perform basic machine maintenance and clean machinery as required.
· Demonstrate good housekeeping ability by:
1. Keeping machine and floor free of any scrap and or parts.
2. Keeping work area neatly swept and mopped daily, and free of oil.
3. Making sure parts are stacked and stored in designated areas neatly.
4. Cleaning drainage trench as needed.
· Work in a safe manner by always wearing all designated PPE.
· Safely handle materials of various sorts.
· Perform any additional duties as assigned by Supervisor to meet internal and/or external customer’s needs or requirements.
· Assist in other assignments as requested by supervisor