The Field Service Engineer I is responsible for maintaining customer equipment through service calls and preventive maintenance, as well as helping in the refurb shop as necessary.
- Ensure completion of quarterly PM’s
- Ensure proper handling of customer phone support
- Perform light to medium services at customer accounts
- Keep repeat call rate to a minimum
- Keep accurate documentation and reports up to date
- Travel 50% or more
- Run instrumentation
- Work in refurb shop
- Stay up to date on company training
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with employees and customers.
- Computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on the telephone.
- Must be able to rent a car
- Must be able to travel