Responsible for all aspects of RF Engineering, including serving as the first senior line engineering classification, capacity is assigned broad technical and managerial responsibility for complete or major portions of multiple projects subject to the approval of the applicable executive(s). Supervises engineers working in the RF Engineering section of the Engineering Department. Reports to the Vice President of Engineering and RF Technologies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for overall coordination of efforts, including making job assignments for RF Engineering personnel and keeping applicable executive(s) informed as to personnel requirements.
- Maintains a working liaison with personnel assigned to other portions of the project as required for proper coordination of RF Engineering, Manufacturing, Planning and Test resources.
- Responsible for the review and approval of all RF Engineering design.
- Contributes heavily to the design approach and to the ingenuity employed, as needed.
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of Estimates to Complete (ETC), status reports and technical reports on assigned projects on a timely basis.
- Ensures that all stages of the project are properly documented by reports, drawing, photographs, etc., as applicable, to ensure reimbursement for work accomplished and to safeguard proprietary rights.
- Upon request, prepares estimates for work to be performed in the department. Reviews estimates prepared by subordinates.
- Prepares schedules for work and ensures that all commitments are met on time.
- Manages costs within allocated budget limits and informs applicable executive as to costs incurred on projects.
- Assists the Marketing Department in evaluating the commercial potential of new product development.
- Assists with technical presentations on sales proposals and in the conduct of design reviews with the customer.
- Reviews and evaluates sales opportunities and participates in the marketing strategy.
- Provides technical information for proposal preparation and allocates proposal preparation responsibilities to RF Engineering personnel and develops themes related to the implementation of company’s winning strategy.
- Reviews employment applications, interview prospective employees and makes recommendations as to their hire.
- Advises applicable executive(s) as to technical progress in the field, industry trends and legislation that affect research and development programs.
- Reviews the job performance of personnel reporting to this position and makes recommendations regarding retention, promotions, transfers, reclassifications, and salary increases.
- Analyzes cost-effectiveness of all programs.
- Responsible for budgeting and resource planning.
- Develops and implements policies in accordance with Company goals.
- Maintains a positive work environment by professional and courteous conduct and communications with others, including supervisors, co-workers, clients, and vendors.
- Design and develop of circuits by performing creative RF/Microwave engineering work related to 2-20 GHz high-power designs of 10 to 1000+ watts using both packaged and hybrid techniques.
- Position requires customer liaison, evaluation of requirements, conceptual design, functional flow down/functional definition, design finalization, and initial production support.
- The leadership of a design team consisting of electrical, mechanical engineers and support staff activity for design, verification, and qualification.
- Perform analytical engineering circuit design work directed toward the development of new products or techniques
- Uses complex simulation tools to model circuit performance
- The ideal candidate has experience with the development of conventional and hybrid circuits used in high power communication, pulsed or radar systems.
- 10+ years of high-power RF/microwave design experience
- Experience with detailed circuit-level simulation, design, fabrication, and evaluation a must.
- Familiar with PIN diodes, LNA’s, multi-function modules, GaN, LDMOS and GaAs transistors and die.
- Familiar with design of wideband high power RF switches or amplifiers preferred.
- Experienced in hybrid design, MIL-STD-883, and clean room processes
- BSEE minimum, MSEE preferred.
- Due to Government contracts and ITAR regulations must be a US citizen or permanent resident
- 8 years of broad professional experience including successful leadership of engineering design teams on major projects required.
- 3 years experience in a supervisory capacity required.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent. Additional coursework in engineering management, business administration or comparable experience preferred.