NTRC has a current opening for a Mechanical Project Manager 1 in DFW, TX
Project Manager I will bring technical expertise in commercial plumbing, piping, and HVAC systems and combine that with the ability to guide employees to safely and efficiently complete the project – on time and within budget! The PM will provide overall management direction on large commercial mechanical projects and develop new business opportunities. Due to new projects awarded, this PM needs to have experience in high-rise mechanical/plumbing new construction.
Specific Responsibilities :
- Assume primary leadership responsibilities for each assigned project in partnership with the designated project superintendent.
- Evaluate the contractual scope of work. Plan, organize and staff key project positions through regional department heads, subordinate project managers, general superintendents, etc.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with prime client and A/E contacts to coordinate scheduling activities and facilitate successful construction activities.
- Negotiate, prepare and issue subcontracts.
- Monitor/control project development through administrative direction of on-site project superintendent. Prepare, issue and update master project schedule and variance reports to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget.
- Manage all financial aspects of contracts (costs, billings, and collections) to maintain profitability goals and positive cash flow while simultaneously maintaining a good relationship with the client.
- Manage risks. Investigate potentially serious situations to circumvent problems or promptly implement corrective measures as required.
- Actively pursue additional work through change orders.
- Ensure project document controls are in compliance with contract requirements and standards.
- Attend job progress meetings as required. Develop and maintain viable long-term relationships with customers, consultants, general contractors, and subcontractors.
- Supervise/mentor the work of other project managers or assistant project managers, when assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience :
- 4-yr. Mechanical Engineering or Construction Science degree (or commensurate levels of technical training and related experience)
- Extensive experience/knowledge (5-6 years minimum) of construction design, finance, and management
- Thorough understanding or corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc., and their impact on project activities
- Strong project management skills, including documentation, cost control, procurement, scheduling, change order pricing and negotiating
- Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills
- OSHA-30 certification (if not currently certified, must be obtained within six (6) months from date of hire)
- Excellent MS Office skills and ability/drive to learn new software systems
- Ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance
- Employment is contingent upon satisfying all job site-specific access requirements, with no outstanding restrictions from any job site or from working with any of the partnering General Contractors, Owners, Customers, etc.
NTRC have direct communication with hiring managers allowing us to get you in front of company decision makers. Send your resume confidentially to us and we will get you an interview ASAP.
*Our clients require a background and drug test on every candidate.*