The Engineering Utilities Technician is responsible for operation and maintenance of critical utility systems (high purity water, steam, compressed gases, etc.) and involves executing preventive maintenance tasks per the maintenance schedule as well as performing corrective maintenance on an as-needed basis.
The position requires the ability to detect upset conditions and perform mechanical and electronic troubleshooting to ensure continued reliable operation of equipment.
The technician will also conduct basic mechanical training for other employees (cross training) and serve as a resource for implementation of continuous improvement projects.
Interacts with the Engineering Utilities Manager and critical utility system users including: Production, Production Maintenance, Validation, Calibration and Facilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Vocational or trade school certification accepted.
- Must have experience in PLC operations, reading schematics, strong mechanical background and the knowledge of using electrical control troubleshooting meters and instrumentation.
- 5-10 years’ experience in pharmaceutical or other relevant industry.
- AA degree, technical diploma or applicable certifications preferred.
- Knowledge of cGMP.· Knowledge of pharmaceutical SOPs.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical utility systems.
- Versed in Lock out / Tag out Program
- Basic Microsoft Office, Excel and Word skills
- Basic facilities skills including plumbing, electrical, welding, machinery troubleshooting, mechanical skills.
- Employment contingent on passing a Criminal background check and drug test.
- Only local candidates being considered, must be permanent residents or US citizens.
Salary Range = Up to $65k