1st shift 6am-2:30pm
2nd shift 2pm-10:30pm (10% night diff)
3rd shift 10pm-6:30am (15% night diff)
Job Description: Maintain, troubleshoot, repair and build progressive stamping tools
Minimum Background, Experience, and Requirements:
· High school diploma or equivalent or Technical school diploma
· 5 - 7 years minimum of toolmaking experience in metal stamping field (deep draw experience is a plus)
· Able to read, write and speak English
· Ability to weld / braze is a plus
· Available with respect to required work hours (on call hours may apply)
· Reliable, good work ethic, high integrity, and drug free
Tasks / Responsibilities:
· Build and repair dies, fixtures and gauges as per print and/or written/verbal instructions.
· Perform maintenance and repair on running tools.
· Ensure updated tool print changes are relayed to Engineering
· Work closely with design engineering during fabrication and grooming of experimental and permanent tooling.
· Identify opportunities for improvement related to tool / process design to Engineering.
· Continuously inspect quality of own tool work with precision measuring equipment and specialized gauges.
· Assist production staff with set-up, tear down, troubleshooting, and feed control settings.
· Maintain good departmental housekeeping for safe and efficient operations.
· Understand and follow all safety related standards and practices
· Assist in other assignments as requested by supervisor